mercoledì 15 ottobre 2014

Ugo, the SLA and the soccer t-shirt of Pogba

Friends of Ugo

From Italy today to tell you a true story

I know Ugo for almost thirty years, was my best man and more than four years is suffering from ALS, the now no longer a rare disease known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. He lives in his house with his wife Silvia and her two beautiful children, Richard, who attends first grade this year and Letizia of four years that Ugo was born when he was already ill. Each passing day later from his home many friends who do not miss their moral and material support.

A few days ago, on October 4, Ugo has celebrated its first fifty years. An event is not scheduled for the first doctor who diagnosed the disease and who had predicted up to two years of life. To date it's been more than four.

A few weeks before, Silvia has decided to organize a surprise party and contacted all his friends to invite them to this moment. We were more than a hundred around Ugo and his family to celebrate.

For this event so important, I said to myself, it would take a special gift, but what to give to Ugo? After much consideration, at some point the light bulb come on here!

Little background: Ugo is a huge fan of Juventus! When we could still exchanging friendly "insults" football (the writer is deeply Inter) he was extraordinarily attached to the Bianconeri colors that defended "regardless" of any evidence of reality (at least as I saw it). Unfortunately, now that Ugo is intubated and can not use even the most vocal synthesizer, verbal exchanges as they say, faded, but I'm 100% sure that within itself has remained the usual Juventus ultras ...

At this point, I decided to write an email to his team, Juventus. Meet Ugo and the situation that is going through and I ask, if possible, in a knitted gift company with the signing of players to take to Ugo as a birthday gift. I think that would make you happy.

Days pass and arrives on October 4, birthday of Ugo. No reply. No matter, I think, with all the demands that the company will receive from all over the world, maybe the email have not even read. However, we have a wonderful party with Ugo, in an outdoor courtyard in front of his house and also the sun comes out to congratulate him. Just a nice birthday!

Friday, October 10 at twenty plays my house intercom and announces a courier who must deliver a package to my attention. Strange. Do not expect anything, nor from Amazon or from others, and I had not even ordered online shopping. I ask: Who is the sender? Juventus, the answer!

I can not believe! Want to see who sent me the shirt? I run downstairs to pick up the package and open it gently. You never know ... with the "Bianconeri" better to go cautious ... but I changed my mind, inside, with dedicated staff to Ugo, there's the shirt Pogba! This Juventus ... in Zona Cesarini always manages to amaze! 

Who knows what they will think when Ugo wear the shirt?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento